The cosmetic benefits of quitting smoking can be a major motivator, especially when you consider the unpleasant short- and long-term effects smoking has on how you look.
When you quit smoking:
- Your breath will smell better.
- Tobacco stained teeth will get whiter.
- Your clothes and hair will smell better.
- Your fingers and fingernails will no longer look yellow.
- You’ll have better oral health.
- You will most likely get fewer wrinkles as you age than if you continued to smoke.
- Quitting can start to reverse the signs of an aging face within two weeks.